Foot Care Tips
Our feet are the most neglected part of our body. They bear so much throughout the day be it the dust, sun, sweat etc. While we are walking, running and doing our daily chores a lot of stress gets accumulated near the ankle and feet area. Our legs and feet bear the entire weight of our body hence foot problems can lead to serious issues and can also affect the walk pattern. So it is very important to take care of our feet and toe-nails; also keep them clean and proper. Have a look at these simple yet effective foot care tips which if followed will surely help you in having beautiful and healthy feet.
Few simple foot care tips
- It is important to wash our feet often as they tend to get dirtier and sweatier than the other parts of the body.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for about 10 – 15 minutes. You can add a few drops of essential oils or Dead Sea salt to the water. This will be a cleansing as well as a relaxation technique. This can be done every day whenever you get free time or thrice a week.
- To remove the pain and excess stress accumulation, it is advised to give yourself a nice foot massage with sesame seed or almond massage oil. This can be an instant de-stressor!
- Trim your toe nails after every few weeks. Avoid keeping them too long or too short in order to curb any infection.
- Moisturize and scrub your feet from time to time. It is important to apply lotion or foot cream in order to keep the skin soft and beautiful.
- Apply a good night cream on your foot every day before bed time in order to ensure they stay protected and relaxed.
- In winters be protected from cracked heels and if you have them already then apply a good lotion or crack cream to avoid the condition to get worse.